sometimes its takes half hour to start when very hot...seems like a vapour lock,done it about 4 times but last time I banged/tapped the fuel filter/lines and it fired up,its a new filter and i took it off last night and blew through the fuel line and alls good,,was thinking of putting foil around the lines where they clip on side of head(surely they get TO hot by there)..any ideas???cheers

sometimes its takes half hour to start when very hot...seems like a vapour lock,done it about 4 times but last time I banged/tapped the fuel filter/lines and it fired up,its a new filter and i took it off last night and blew through the fuel line and alls good,,was thinking of putting foil around the lines where they clip on side of head(surely they get TO hot by there)..any ideas???cheers

Crankshaft sensor.

yeh,you think so Jon??whereabouts is it and how to change mate,but how come it started after tapping fuel filter/lines??or just luck!!..did u get filter ok??

Filter is spot on cheers rich.

When I first got my vr, I could drive around locally with no issues. After a trip into town and sitting in heavy traffic one day, my car conked out. It would spin over and over, giving the impression of an immobiliser or fuel problem but wouldn't start. I went back into the shops for a while, came back to the car, started it and drove it for 10mins before it happened again. This happened 6 or 7 times before I'd had enough and got the car scanned for faults. No codes were found. The only way we could find the fault was via live data setting whilst trying to restart the car from hot, no rpm signal was shown indicating crank sensor fault. I had the sensor changed and happy days, not been an issue since.

This would only occur when the car was hot though, never when cold. The car would cut out suddenly, without warning and then would not restart until cooled.

Sensor location Unknown, it is mounted low and must take its reading from the crankshaft. It will be fairly obvious if you get under the car, think it might be at the front of the engine. Have a Google rich, it's a common fault.

thanks mate,really appreciate that,,yep its the same symptoms you describe,only happens when hot(90 degrees +)leave it 20/30 mins and boom!!fires straight up....before I look for location anyone can tell me where it is and what they go for...(only got a fone no computer atm!).cheers jon;)

took it out and was a bit shitty with some hardened gunk stuck to it...cleaned it all of and replaced the rubber O ring,all seems good but its probably breaking down electrically when hot so replacement is the only answer I guess...see if it happens again and if so new one will go on....

took it out and was a bit shitty with some hardened gunk stuck to it...cleaned it all of and replaced the rubber O ring,all seems good but its probably breaking down electrically when hot so replacement is the only answer I guess...see if it happens again and if so new one will go on....

Yes, might be lucky with cleaning it but most likely breaking down with heat, as you say.