anyone got a pic of airbox/maf/iblet tube plz

hi all,need a pic of a obd1 airbox top and maf/inlet tube please if anyone can help.converting over to standard and do you think I can find a pic!!!!:rolleyes:.also is gti maf the same??(I have 4 wires from vr6 maf plug,gti has 3,)can it be made to work??any advice/pic very much appreciated ..;)

Hmmm,reading that back its obvious the 3 wire maf plug wont work!!..pmsl!!but I've been sent a gti 8 valve full airbox,maf sensor and plug..I know the airbox fits but will the maf body and inlet tube fit on my obd1 6?????or is it best to leave k+n on it??

Hmmm,reading that back its obvious the 3 wire maf plug wont work!!..pmsl!!but I've been sent a gti 8 valve full airbox,maf sensor and plug..I know the airbox fits but will the maf body and inlet tube fit on my obd1 6?????or is it best to leave k+n on it??

The airbox should be the same between models, you put your maf in the box and connect the tubing to it, you should be well away!

If you do Swiss cheese the box, only make holes in the front left corner as you look at it, from the front of the car, this way you should get cooler air from the wing area rather than hot from the bay.

Got any pics?

yep,cheers bb,but its not that simple unfortunately as the maf sensor is a different type to the one on there.its the metal type,I have the plastic type on mine at the mo,which is also 4 wire,the gti is 3 wire,.i need to see a pic of bog standard vr6 so I can see what a obd1 type maf sensor is like,also are all obd1 sensors 4 wire ...i ve been top the airbox stuff I same as gti,but it seems not unless I have different parts/set up on mine...groan!!!!

Right, I've had a look. The difference is the top of the box. 8v maf bolts onto airbox, vr6 maf clips in.

8v lower Is the best of the bunch for less casting marks inside, mate that with a vr6 top. = happy days.

I've got a standard vr6 airbox if you need one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ever helpful as usual;)..nice one bb,,yes that's right it has 2 clips on vr6 maf,okie doke,...its hard to suss as its been bodged (the maf plug has been cut and soldered wires on to maf 'plug'!!)so need a plug and possibly a complete maf sensor,(that gti one obviously wont go on)what a waste huh!!!

hiya bb,hope your good..my mate Barclay who sorted me the gti airbox bits is looking for a vr6 one for me,but thought id ask ,just to be nosey like!,how much you'd want for yours??..do you have a maf sensor and/or plug??any ideas/leads/crisp £20 notes send em my way chap:D.thanks.

hiya bb,hope your good..my mate Barclay who sorted me the gti airbox bits is looking for a vr6 one for me,but thought id ask ,just to be nosey like!,how much you'd want for yours??..do you have a maf sensor and/or plug??any ideas/leads/crisp £20 notes send em my way chap.thanks.

Probably wanting approx £20 or thereabouts plus post, although I could deal for your k&n cone if it's in good order. You say you need a maf too? I've got a spare one that was in working order when removed. I'm not sure what money they make but I'll take a stab at £40. It's a vag item