Hello everyone , I have recently aquired the best car i have ever driven. It has cost me as the coil pack was faulty(£175)  and needed all round springs and shocks(£350) the rear calipers were seized(£250) most of the cat was in the tail box(£185) the air bag light was on and the abs did not work(£?). But saying all that this little car puts the biggest smile (grin) on my face. The vr6 golf is just an awesome bit of kit. It is an old one 1996 vintage. I had to remove the tint from the front windows to drive it and adjust the suspension height as there are major speed humps where i live. I would like to ask as i don't know if anyone knows what edition of the vr6 i have ? it has black leather interior and is a mint green metallic with bbs wheels , i suppose a pic would help will post soon as i know how to .  

Yeah, I had an electric green gti 8v with full leather interior. Mine was a 95 m reg. yours has Defo had an engine swap in that case.

There should be a sticker on the boot floor under the luggage mat with some numbers and letters. If you post them on here, we should be able to see what the engine code is and paint code too.