Got my first VR6

So today I picked up my first VR6.

And that's it, just the engine

Got a 12v VR6 that came from a 98 Passat with only 113k miles. Car was hit and the owner didn't feel like repairing it so they decided to part it out.
I walked away with a complete VR6 engine, harness and ECU. 

20150116_194718_zpsa34fd863.jpg

I decided to join so I can learn as much about this engine as possible. And I thought you VR6 guys might be interested to see my plans for this engine.

I'm going to swap it into a Maxda RX8, I'll make a plate to bolt it to a decent RWD trans and I'm likely going to turbo the engine. I was looking at dropping compression to 9.0:1 and running about 10-15 psi, closer to 10 for the track.
This is going to be my drift car. Picked up the car with a blown motor (As expected) for a steal and now that I have the engine it's time to get to work.

20141005_181913_zps0ded3d2c.jpg

I'm going to start by tearing down the engine, putting in new bearings, rings, head gaskets, arp studs and see where my time and money gets me.

I was wondering what the VR6 enthusiasts recommend as far as rod and main bearings and head gasket spacers. Are there decently priced lower CR Pistons I could get? 

Anything else I should double check or look into?

I was thinking of getting new timing chains and guides as well and probably an oil pump and water pump for piece of mind.