Floaty VR6, also doesn't like stopping.

Long and short of it, I have ended up with a VR6, fairly clean car but I don't actually want it (BMW man) I've been driving it around today for the first time I properly got on it.

In the wet it is awful, the Jinyu tyres don't help but my god it is floaty, you accelerate and all the way up to the speed limit the front is just all over the place with no real grip, steering wheel is left to right all the time.

It prefers left hand bands over right hand bends, or other way around.

The back end likes to step out

The brakes are terrible, it needs rear discs, but it does pull slightly to the left and the brake is like a wet sponge.

I don't do VW's anymore, and need to know where to start looking, I can't sell it as it is few things that need doing on it, if it was an E31/34/39/46 I would know what was wrong and what needed replacing.

Also there is some clutch judder on it.

Any advice greatly appreciated, 

Same with mine mate, i have gone through it with a fine tooth come and found the suspension top mounts badly worn all 4 of them dampers are cack, springs badly corroded, and a lot of the old bushes perished. I have already installed the rear axle poly bushes and brake lines last year for an mot fail but when cornering it jerks when going round bends! ive got a full set of the top mounts, full set of AP coilovers and Full complete set of suspension poly bushes to go on! then once all that is sorted its time for a full 4 wheel suspension geometry setup! im really looking forward to the first drive when set up!

Well got some stuff done on it.

Track rod end helped a bit, another still to do and a rack end.

Wheel bearings done

Rear discs and pads done.

Turns out the front brakes don't work, managed to free up the handbrake cables.

Coolant changed

Brake fluid changed

Power steering fluid changed

Oil just been done

K&N panel filter fitted

Not happy with the rear end, it likes to slide out and feels like it wants to fall over.

Bit more work tomorrow, good detail and get it gone I think.

Everything is all done, rear subframe bushes are fine, just appears the front brakes weren't working. I've had it up on the ramp and can't find anything else, drives better now and stops better, just think it is all down to lack of use with only 64k on the clock.