4MOTION CRANKSHAFT PLEASE HELP

Can someone please help

How can I tell if my crank is worn or damaged without taking it out?

why is my bottom end knocking when the oil warms up

if you think you might be able help me out then have a look at a post I put up last night in the welcome section about this matter its titled 4motion engine advice

I really need to sort this out asap or may have to sell the car as spares or repair witch I really don't want to do

but may have no choice as funds or low

its in good cond apart from this

so if you can help or might be interested in buying it then please get in touch

Thanks Lee

yes cleaned the pick up twice

bought a set of bearings off ebay £50 all in with delivery and I emailed them before I ordered them to check they were right for my car

an there reply was yes.

I just find it hard to believe that my crank is fooked as I lot of people say how good an hard whereing these engines are

Any other suggestions pal?

Thanks Lee

Thanks mate

I need to take the sump off again an check the shells again last time I did I changed 2 of the new ones I bought off ebay an fitted with 2 new standard vw one's. so will need to do the other 10.

Did you see my other post about the fan belt an when this all stared? if so do you think its got anything to do with this bottom end problem?

do you know how to check the oil pressure?

what oil do you think I should be using?

an anything else you think might help

Thanks for your help

When it's stripped check the crank for any scoring and fit a genuine set of bearing recommended oil is 5/30 long life or 5/40 but u can get that from the dealer, not sure on the belt tho although I know on my vr6 the belts for ac and no ac r different ribbed both sides for ac and normal for with out could explane why is so tight?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk