Morning all,

First of all thanks very much to everyone regarding the help and advice I got for my DIY Timing chains, mostly Lukey and VR6 Pete. To be fair it was do-able but if you don't have a big space and all of the right tools it's going to be a pain!

Anyway to the next issue!!

Started off during all this wet weather, the lower splash guard on LHS below gearbox came off and I didn't get chance to put it back on. After a while (I think due to water getting into the engine bay) the engine started to misfire, usually under load at low revs. Having read a few threads on here i deduced that it is probably the coil at fault, because when I did the chains it has had new plugs and leads (Bosch and BBT from GSF).

All was well and I was managing it (putting it off!) by not driving through large areas of water, and all seemend to be well. However, getting in the car this morning and it would start at all!

Turning the ignition on brought the usual warning lights on for oil, coolant and battery along with ABS and Airbag, fan etc also all had power. But when turn the key further to start, nothing. No audible click, turnover (with a dying battery), just a moment where the warnings extinguish when it would start but nothing else. In my panic with screaming baby in car seat I tried the manual fob into the glove box for the alarm/immobiliser but no change.

Any suggestions? I'm hoping not starter motor.

Thanks in advance for your help again