Trouble with drivers side door lock. pls help :(

I have recently bought my VR6.

It is in fantastic condition. Apart from the usual Electric Window problem alot of people seem to be having, it also has a strange problem with the drivers side door lock.

When i turn the key to open the lock, the lock pin comes up, but as soon as the key turns back to be removed, the lock also comes down. I am unable to open the lock until, i unlock the passengers side door, which magically allows me to then unlock the drivers side!

Has anyone had a similar experience? How was the problem fixed?

Any advice would be appreciated

Franky

not heard of that before

what i'd do is take the handle off, have a fiddle, wd40 everything -see if anything looks out of place / damaged / broken and put it back together and see if it makes a difference.

worth a go as its quite simple to do

is the central locking causing it to close gain? (can you hear the pump suck it back down?) or the turn of the key i.e something mechanical?

Thanks Stu

Its not the central thats causing it to close again. The key will turn, the pin will come up. All the other doors remain locked (ie, the central hasn't engaged). and when the key returns to the horizontal position, the lock will come down.

Can the handle be taken off just by removing the 1 bolt on the inside of the door frame?

Yes, I've had this problem.

If you undo the single bolt holding the handle on, the handle will push fowards, then pull out and off the car (lock end first). Check the locking pin is located properly. The pin hooks through an eye on the back of the lock cylinder and is tensioned by a spring. The hook on the lock pin has broken off twice on my cab. I've got a rear door handle on my passenger door now, so I hope it doesn't snap again!

As regards the electric windows, check inside the rubber sleeves that go between the doors and the body. The wires inside these often lose their insulation and snap. It's wierd how it's always the wires for the 'leccy windows that go, never the ones for the mirrors etc. Perhaps they get too hot...