First i would like to say hello as im a new member to the club

Just got a 95 VR6 and now and again when i start the engine the abs light stays on even with out moving the car if i turn the engine off and then restart its fine any ideas

Dont think its a wheel sensor or rotor as it would only come when being driven right ? may be a relay?

Also my OBD is above the cig lighter can i read out the faults myself as its the early OBD with only 4 connections in the 16 pin plug

Thanks in advance

dont worry about it, its an intermitant fault, mine does the same. Its just a sticky wheel sensor. ABS light means its just not working, but normall brakes still work. I found by pressing the brakes b4 turning ignition sorts it out. i get kinda clunk from the pedal and then the light goes out. Sometimes it doesnt and just sits there burning away. It will be around £100 to sort out.

Welcome Mate.........as madmonkee said it one of your speed sensors playing up....mine used to do that too...a replacement sensor for the rear is £73 from vw..g&s or euro car parts do one thats cheaper...about £49 ish...not sure about the price of the front though, if you run vag com it should tell you what sensor is at fault ;)