Right so long story short I cannot for the life of me get it to top weaping. Took the rear beam of to replace the bushes and destroyed some of the already corroded brake pipes with it. No problem, just remake them in copper right? Wrong.

The details:

front to back lines to the bottom, right hand (drivers) remade

top left to left - remade

top right to right

Now before you all start screaming your crap at making break lines (which might not be completely false) none of the other beam lines are leaking whcih have all been replaced also and it really is just a tiny weap. Please tell me there is a special trick ive missed like a special bleeding method (currently just a one man bleeding kit and a dad) or the order is wrong.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Tbh mate im still having trouble with it, it appears its really hit and miss considering it should be a fairly simple valve. considering removing it altogether after I looked at a 92 GTi which didnt have one. Bought one for my reg from GSF which was 100% faulty, replaced for another unit by a garage (so unknown make and model) and that isnt giving me breaking at the rear (tested on rollers - I work at a dealership) I'm still stumped, not sure where to go from here and cant really suggest what you should do either... :(

Sorry to hear your issues.

Mine actually turned out to be a ropey calliper, so a strip & clean of that and all looks well.

Maybe a simple twist-to-set would save you a headache (just a thought - I'm no expert though).

Not familiar with a twist-to-set? Pretty certain my valve is still faulty as I've heard they can jam. I might have been really unlucky and have had an imperfect first one and a faulty valve in the second. Either way the valve is still at fault as there aren't any kinks in the pipe or anything and all new braided hoses. You reckon you could get me a photo so I could Check the order of the pipes and where they go?