vr6 carat

Hi all, i am thinking of buying a Sharan VR6 carat with a view to converting it to lpg as I do a fair few miles. I currently runa 1.9tdi 115 which ive had remapped. I didnt think the results of this justified the £200+ price tag.

Basically I want a better specced vehicle with more go which isnt too thirsty,hence the lpg.

Any thoughts or advice please. Cheers Dave

• 5 months later...

Hi

I have driven my Sharan VR6 almost every day for the past two and a half years. Its a great practical wagon with enough poke to put a smile on your face.

To be honest the fuelling has never bothered me but don't be fooled - it does only give around 18-20mpg average. I have however seen almost 30 on a good run. Plenty of mods and tweaks to keep you entertained if you're interested.

The best bit is in my years of ownership I have not put one part on the car other than service consumables. I plugged VAG-COM in yesterday and not one fault. I owned a Passat VR6 before this and loved it but was always hunting the mysterious misfire.

I may have been lucky but I have owned loads of cars over the years and the Sharan is definitely a keeper. My advice - try and find a low miler with good spec - service it regularly and enjoy the VR noise - an surprise a few folk at the lights.

If you are going the LPG route - look at the STAG300 kit - that's what I considered... but I also considered a supercharger ;)

Cheers,

Rob