Just had the VR rolling roaded - few issues...

I took the VR for a rolling road on the weekend, all went ok, and it gave good power

PA201303.jpg

PA201307.jpg

Figures are at the wheels

but for some reason, it caused quite a bit of electrical interference with the machine so much so that they had to earth the car, now I bought new ignition leads recently (budget ones) do you think this could be causing the interference? i have been having interference with my radio recently too.

Also the graph goes a bit fuzzy at the end the garage mentioned that this could be a number of things including the clutch on its way out, does anyone know of any other things I could look at ?

I'm guessing that the bottom graph is air/fuel ratio? (I can't see very well on my phone)

It appears though that at 5k revs the fueling starts to go towards the lean side. This would cause the problem with the funny power graph at the end.

I also find it weird how the A/F sits at 9.5 for so long, its like something isn't reading until 4.5k revs, then its adjusting the fueling :-s

You could do with comparing it with another dyno plot from a VR6 with the AF ratio graph on too. United Motorsports are probably the ones to ask regarding the issue.

As for interference, I did a car at work not long ago which turned out to be a faulty alternator, might be completely irrelevant to your problem but you never know.