1997 OBD2 VR6 gear oil

It depends on what type you will be buying, if you go for fully synthetic then the closest to factory viscosity is 70w80, mineral is 75w90.

I put redline MTL in mine.

It will take just short of 2 litres, you will need a 17mm hex key to undo the fill and drain screws, make sure to undo the fill screw first, that way you won't drain it and find out the fill screw is immovable.

It depends on what type you will be buying' date=' if you go for fully synthetic then the closest to factory viscosity is 70w80, mineral is 75w90.

It will take just short of 2 litres, you will need a 17mm hex key to undo the fill and drain screws, make sure to undo the fill screw first, that way you won't drain it and find out the fill screw is immovable.

[/quote']

how do you gear shift like with that oil in ? ive read up that when the motor is cold its hard to put into gear ??

It depends on what type you will be buying' date=' if you go for fully synthetic then the closest to factory viscosity is 70w80, mineral is 75w90.

[/quote']

how do you gear shift like with that oil in ? ive read up that when the motor is cold its hard to put into gear ??

Not at all and the coldest it has seen is minus 14. But the thinner 70w80 would be better in colder conditions anyway for that reason. The only reason I would go up to 75w90 is if it presented with this scenario of terrible shifting with brand new oil in to give the gears more of a buffer.

As long as its GL4 should be fine.