mk4 golf vr6 conversion

hi people ive jus bought a knackered 1.4 16v mk4 golf and i got everythin that i will need to plop my vr6 lump in. mechanically im ok but electrcal work not so good.

jus wondered if anyone has done this before?? or any insights on the wiring would be appreciated.

atm my vr6 is in the front of a polo 6n ive had it running but never got to drive it :( now i got my littlen i wanna put my engine in somethin more stable n safe.

thanks in advance

You'll need wiring diagrams for both mk3 vr and mk4 golf, as your going to have to splice the vr loom into the mk4.

It might be worth emailing united motorsports as he could sort the looms and help advise.

Also, the mk4 engine/gearbox mounts are in a different place, and I don't think the vr block is drilled and tapped for them.

i got a mk3 vr subframe to go on. yeah i thought the wiring was gonna be erm interesting lol

cheers ill bell united motorsports tomorrow i got the wiring dne between me and my mate on my polo but was lookin at the wiring in the golf the other day n it looks a lil more involved