rear window heater not working

If the entire window fails to demist then you need to check the electrical connections - is current reaching the element at the back for starters?

Other likely causes are the tracks on the window wearing out / breaking or being covered by stickers. You can by repair stuff from Halfrauds or eBay and (i think) basically draw the tracks back on to the window. Doesn't look pretty but it gets the job done. I only have two tracks working - it's like looking through a letterbox.

Alternatively, every scrappy in britain has a golf mk3 tailgate in their yard! Go and remove a window, or better still just replace the tailgate. See if they'll give you anything for yours, maybe get a discount.

hi yep theres no air getting to the window sayimg that i have a problem with my main heaters only blowing warmish air out i have been told the system will be blocked at the matrix could this be linked? so thats another job,i aint had the dreaded wayer leak in passenger footwell so hopfully just a unblock required,any advise on sorting this much apreciated i have had a nightmare trying to clear windows through winter,i aint no machanic but have sorted other jobs out thanks to this site cheers

if some tracks on your element arent working you can just scribble pencil on them, graphite is conductive, although you have a high chance youd have to re do it every time you cleaned the inside of your glass.

if the coolant hoses in the engine bay are hot but the blowers arent then it will be to do with the matrix yes. might want to try some speed flush or something

• 2 weeks later...

flushed the martrix out today i dont even think it was blocked so filled the car back up with water turned heaters on 4 and left cap off for 10 minutes and still got no hot air,i have messed with the heat setting and whats happening if i have the dial setting between hot and cold then turn straight to full cold the air blows out full bore on screen dash etc then turn it back to half way then turn to full heat and the air coming out of vents is reduced rapidily hardily any air comes out i am begging to think its the heater dials now but they seen solid and turn fine any idears what the problem is guys cheers