driveshaft / inner cv boot

You might need to un-bolt the lower ball joint to allow the driveshaft to swing below the gearbox, to give you room to work.

Then with 2 flat or pointed tools, prise open the snap ring and remove it completely, remove the boot clip on the driveshaft, then slide the whole c.v/boot off.

Its messy so have plenty of rag handy!

unbolt the

inner cv flange bolts

hub nut

ball joint clamp

remove cv from hub

on the inner cv there should be a circlip (as described). remove the boot clamps and then "hammer" the inner cv off the shaft

there is a convex washer in there, most kits include a new one, but pay attention to which way it goes

et voila (removing the outer cv from the hub can be a PITA to do)

Having a nightmare. Managed to get the cv joint and old boot off but couldnt get the new boot on due to lack of room and the boot being so tight over the shaft. I decided i needed to take the whole shaft off to get better access. Farted about for over an hour trying to find somewhere that sold the right socket for the hub nut, managed to get one and got the nut off but the shaft wont budge out of the hub. I put the nut back on and proceeded to tw@t it with hammer. Still no joy. Once the nut looked mangled for some stupid reason i took it off and carried on bashing it. Anyway the thread is now knackered so i need a new shaft. Im stuck big time as i now need a new driveshaft but still need to get the old one out AND i need the car for work in the morning AND i need to pick my son up later AND ive no money. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i said its greif... the splines on the outer cv are serrated and there is rumour that they glue them for the factor. caused a right drama on cgti years ago lol

machine mart sell a hub tool that worked on mine but i killed the tool on the first use

dont twaat the cv too hard, youll damage the thread

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cht464-front-hub-puller?da=1&TC=SRC-hub

Job done and finished (thank f@?k) I ended up ringing a mobile mechanic. He came round with a lump hammer and kept smacking it till it came out. I got the angle grinder out and cut off about an eigth of an inch or so where the thread was knackered then spent the next couple of hours putting the whole thing back together/on. What a blag. Just havin tea now with a can of beeeeer. I can get to work in the morning now. niiiicccce.