Chaps,

Anyone have a VR6 Highline? I've noticed that everytime I pull away, the car jolts. It is as if I were driving a manual and I had released the clutch too quickly. The problem is most exaggerated when the car is driven from cold, but if I am in it for half an hour it can still happen.

A second problem, is the sense that the car is ever so slightly 'in handbrake'. I notice a slight creaking in the rear axle, asif the car momentarily resists being moved, when I reverse into car parking spaces. The handbrake light is not on, and the handbrake itself is fully depressed. Is it an issue with the brakes?

I tell you what though, this car is fucking good fun -- I was not much of a 'petrolhead' until I started blasting it around the A406.

In anticipation,

Al.

i am by no means an expert m8 but the engine jolting issue could be a mount, engine may run a little rougher when cold. do you get any problems with it selecting gears? the rear axle noise could just need some oil.. these are probably the first things i would try.. i am sure 1of the very competant guys on here will have some more advise for you buddy.. good luck with it..

Chaps' date='

Anyone have a VR6 Highline? I've noticed that everytime I pull away, the car jolts. It is as if I were driving a manual and I had released the clutch too quickly. The problem is most exaggerated when the car is driven from cold, but if I am in it for half an hour it can still happen.

A second problem, is the sense that the car is ever so slightly 'in handbrake'. I notice a slight creaking in the rear axle, asif the car momentarily resists being moved, when I reverse into car parking spaces. The handbrake light is not on, and the handbrake itself is fully depressed. Is it an issue with the brakes?

I tell you what though, this car is fucking good fun -- I was not much of a 'petrolhead' until I started blasting it around the A406.

In anticipation,

Al.

[/quote']

If I'm reading right yours is an automatic and the takeup is notchy from pull away? If so have you checked the gear oil level or changed it?

You could check the rear wheel binding by simply jacking it up and see how freely a wheel spins. Worth trying both sides.