97 R VR6 Highline - suggested improvements??

Hi all,

First real post although been a member for nearly a yr and used the site for lots of info, so thanks to everyone for all the info on here.

So, I have a 97 R Golf VR6 Highline, in pretty good condition and I want to keep it fairly standard but as I've had it nearly a yr I've seen the need for some slight improvements.

I love the car, the way it sounds and goes. In my opinion I would like to do something to the handling (front end), braking too maybe. Looking for a new (MOT friendly) exhaust, induction kit or panel filter, spark plugs and leads if better than standard.

Basically I want to keep it as standard as poss within reason but let me know what you've done so I know what works and what doesn't. Big thanks again all

wilsonp

Exhaust wise u have a pretty big list of people to choose from mine is a custom scorpion system with de-cat but not MOT friendly lol..Induction kit wise i would go for a BMC CDA as they are the best performance gain wise u will get for the money (in my opinion). Ive always liked magnecor leads they do a couple of different sizes for NA/FI an ive never had any problems with them :)

suspension, panel filters etc , i can help with , pm me some car details and ill get you someprices if your intrested . brakes, standard size discs with performance pads a re good enougnh for most things. leads, stick with standard , i had them runinng a vr6 turbo and all was well.