Radiator fan stuck on constantly!

A big hello to all,

Been reading this forum about a year now since getting my vr6 and has helped me out countless times already.

Shes an old L reg and recently been starting to show her age, but on with the problem:

Ive been loosing coolant recently and noticed that the yellow sensor was the culprit, sensor works but the fitting was bad, also had to change the rad last week because of an unluckiy stone hit. Then to top it off my auxillary water pump failed big time a couple of days ago seizing up and blowing the bottom of its seal off covering the impeller.

So until i source a new pump i just bypassed it, heard its ok to do this for a short time.

Now last night i pulled up at home afer a short 5 min journey and the rad fan was on with temp gauge half way, as i walked away i assumed it'll shut off soon but come the morning the fan was still running and had drained my battery. I have now unplugged the yellow and blue sensors and the senor on the rad itself but its still spinning. Only way of stopping it is to unplug fan motor.

Any ideas?

Dont worry guys problem may have sorted itself out.

Just went out for a 10 mile round drive. Plugged fan motor back in before leaving and it started spinning, was on the entire journey, got back and it was off completly within 5 mins. Hopefully thats it.

Doing some more work to the car soon so I'll prob have some more questions then, so i'll be testing your knowledges at some point. Cheers

Thanks for the reply VeeRsix

The problem arose again the other day, checked the rad temp sensor and seemed to be functioning properly. I heard a small pop sound while driving yesterday, pulled over and took a look.

Basically the fan control unit under the expansion bottle was wrecked, smoke and all sorts. The little plastic lid had come loose and melted into the fuses, that and a few coolant leaks ive had recently prob didnt help.

Replaced unit and the two plugs that go into the bottom as they had welded themselves to it.

Hopefully its sorted now