Does anyone know anything about this car P640 PVR

It's advertised on Piston heads for £4,900 ovno

[link] http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3063470.htm

It has had a lot of money spent on it with receipts but no service history at all.

119,000 miles on the clock

has had a Turbo conversion done by Stealth Racing

Race logic launch control and traction control.

Koni coilovers

uprated ARB's and poly bushes

rolled arches done very well

Recaro cloth interior

No air con

Does anyone know this car?

Any opinions about the price?

I was impressed with the spec. Everything looks like it's been done right. The suspension was tight but also not uncomfortable.

The car was very tidy and almost immaculate. The only bad points were:

offside door trim needs touching up

rear bumper cracked from reversing into something (spiders web style cracks in the lacquer)

both rear arches will need some work to keep them looking tidy. The paint has come off from where the arch has hit the tyre and it has started to corrode. It didn't look like it was much to fix but it's not immaculate.

I was very put off by it not having any service history and for a daily driver I need air con.

I'm not sure about the power delivery. That's the first VR6T I have driven so I have nothing to compare it to. The boost came in at around 4k revs. Below that it drove similar to my standard one and after that it was stupid fast, almost too fast.

I think I would prefer a smaller turbo that gives slightly less power and comes in at 2 or 3k revs. I think that would be much more drivable as a daily runner.

My overall conclusion was that if I wanted a second car for the weekend and I want supercar performance for not a lot of money then tha's the one to get.

But really I need a daily driver, I want one with FSH, low miles and air con

But now it's gone, I am gutted that I didn't buy it this morning. It's an awesome car with an impressive spec. The exhaust sounds awesome, not subtle in any way, deep and burbly with pops on the over-run. It really wouldn't take much to make that car immaculate and it is in show spec.

There was one other small thing that made me unsure....There is another advert for the same car on piston heads. Different pictures but the same car. The car is pictured outside a different house. The guy I spoke to said that was his advert too but he took it down so he could add more spec to the advert. I was unsure about this. It seems possible that he has just bought the car a week or two ago and wants to sell it immediately.

He says he bought the car in May and has only done 400 miles since buying it. But he also says he got the car from someone he knows and the log book didn't get sent off straight away because he has just moved house and the friend didn't send it off till he had moved.

But the other advert says it has 118,000 miles on the clock and today it had 119,000 on the clock

I also spoke to a mechanic friend who has a VR6T himself. He said he had already seen the advert that I was refering to. He was interested himself but was put off after speaking to the guy and asking questions. He couldn't remember what put him off buy he decided not to go and see it.

So with these things in mind and the lack off service history put me off. I wanted to ask on here and see what people think to it.

Ok thanks for the heads up, will definitely check everything out.

It would be interesting to see if he's bought it recently as I was under the impression that he had done all of the work himself. I will definitely be looking out for all of the usual things even after it's already been looked at. Also I don't get why it's been re-built and he's selling it maybe twice after the turbo's only been on for 6k miles. After mines on I am going to be doing a hell of a lot more than that!

He told me he bought it with all the mods done by previous owner. All the receipts have the name Dave on them. His name was not Dave.

It has had a lot of money spent on the re-build, I think if I had spent £10k+ on a car, then I wouldn't be selling it for £5k after 6,000 miles.

All these things were putting a doubt in my mind and I wanted to be 100% sure before I spend £5k on a VR6T with 119k on the clock.

But I may have passed on a bargain. It probably was worth every penny.

Let me know what you think to it, after you have checked it over.

• 4 months later...

Yes there is, just had a read over the thread to recap how far we got about it last time... taken from your first post, I've just copied a few things you listed in the description, but with some other points added..

Koni coilovers - Yes, but adjustable damping cannot be adjusted, adjusters are seized solid.

rolled arches done very well - Yes they are rolled, however since picking up the car that Saturday, the paint has already flaked off the arches as they're been rolled so tightly.

It was advertised with a few other things if you remember (which I didnt find out until he had already bought it and I looked at it for the first time)

750cc stealth racing injectors - no, they are just standard Bosch 440's...

Full 3 inch Miltek exhaust - No, 2.5 inch Jetex exhaust with Miltek tail pipes...

GT35 Turbo - No, GT35 eBay turbo not Garrett - I would know as I use a real Garrett GT3582R turbo (eBay one has no water feed and certainly not ball bearing)

430bhp as described - No, we took it straight to the dyno on the Saturday we picked it up and dyno'd at 300bhp @15psi, which with my turbo at the same boost is nearly 370bhp.

Painted not too long ago - Yes, however water based paint was sprayed the same way as Two-Pack, which is why it was very flat and shiny, but no colour brightness and very patchy paint, The car is now having a full respray at Bodycraft accident repair place by us with proper Two-Pack paint (we do a lot of work for them at our work so they can do resprays cheaper for us! Would you believe a company as big as Bodycraft use me, a 21year old lad for anything that involves making new brake pipes!

Did an oil chance the other week, and left running outside for 10 mins, then suddenly dumped a load of oil into the exhaust for around 10 or 15 seconds, then stopped and been fine since. Kind of rule out piston rings as it'd keep blowing, however turbo seals could be on the way out - i suspect that a stop smoke treatment has been put into it before it was sold.

Cant think of anything else off the top of my head...

So as for the car, yes he still has it, and spending a lot of money on it. About 2k on top of what he paid for the car with the respray and fitting a wideband o2 sensor and new boost gauge instead of that old boost gauge drilled to the speaker cover!

oh yea, also advertised with 12 months MOT, true, however my boss is an MOT tester and he said if it had come to him, it would have failed no doubts on the front floor/outer front sill. All of this we have redone and welded up before it went in for paint. Now from underneath you cannot see where it has been done, other than it's missing a grommet hole.

sounds like it was a tale of buyer beware ..

I think so.. personally I think I would have questioned it or even request my money back! But he just set about putting things right.

The chap said he bought it off his mate, but I think he just made it all up. Not to mention he never sent the log book off for it, or ever posted the bit of service history that was 'at his moms' and the chip pens he said he would post out. Luckily he had the green slip when he bought it so didn't cost anything for the log book, but thats not the point.

With this car you would spend £5k on a car with 120k on the clock and then spend another £5k putting it right.

I think it would be better to buy a car with low mileage, FSH and no mods and then do the Turbo and other mods yourself. Spend £3k on a car then £5k on the mods. It'll work out cheaper and you know it's all done right.