Bought a Shark Fin antenna/aerial because I did the STUPID thing of not taking the standard one off when I went through the car was this morning, and is now unsurprisingly 'missing' was looking at replacement ones, but thought I may as well go for something smarter looking, so I got this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK3-Black-AM-FM-Shark-Fin-Aerial-Antenna-/350474559020?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1102989013561012351&_qi=RTM742988

And I was just wondering if anyone knows how easy they are to fit? Is it worth getting someone else to fit it, or is it easy enough for noobs like me to install? I'm a quick learner so if it's easy enough I could get it done. Any thoughts on the matter?

Real easy the hardest part is if it doesn't have the same connector as the vw one is not ISO, I cut the plug and length of wire off the old original aerial and adapted it to ISO for my sharkfin.

To get the original off you drop the headliner down from the boot end and it's a big bolt to undo and it just slots out with the bolt off, fitting the new one is just reverse of removal providing the base is the same diameter, the hole is square so its easier to line a proper one up, mine came with a base the exact same square size so it just dropped straight in

I would also make sure you get an amplified one and run a power wire from the radio to the Sharkfin as the reception will be very much reduced with the small aerial, mine can drop signal occasionally but I dont listen to the radio so doesn't bother me, so if you listen to the radio a lot this may not be the best type to install

Awesome thanks for that, I don't really listen to the radio I just bought the shark fin for a nice look, I'm not too bothered if I get reduced reception at all.

Seems pretty straight forward to fit, I'll do it myself ;) cheers dude