My VR6 Classic..........

• 2 months later...

Right i keep forgetting to update this thread, so a few days progress in one reply:

IMG_4298.jpg

As you can see, ive started to break it lol

So with the Golf broken and scrapped it was time to carry on with the Polo:

Getting the dash back in:

Photo20-01-2012164706HDR.jpg

But using the Corrado pedal box meant the column was at a silly angle:

Photo19-01-2012173251HDR.jpg

And the brake pedal also out of sync:

Photo19-01-2012173315.jpg

So with the pedal box modified it was all sorted:

Photo24-01-2012172517HDR.jpg

Then we moved the ramp to make more space in the workshop with the aid of the best tool in the box: (click to see the video)

th_Video19-01-2012102254.jpg

Then today got the engine in:

Photo24-01-2012172501HDR.jpg

And with a set of leads it fired up :) The homemade mash up loom works so far :) (click to see the video)

th_Video24-01-2012170940.jpg

Got the coilovers off this breaker:

Photo28-01-2012113858.jpg

Which got weighed in this week:

IMG_4828.jpg

Spent an hour on it today and swapped the outer CVs over so i have VR6 outer CVs on the Polo shafts. Fitted them all up and got it properly back on all 4 wheels since the conversion began :)

IMG_4835.jpg

Think i need to adjust the camber LOL

IMG_4837.jpg

So today I went back up the workshop and tinkered some more....

Fitted up the decat to the standard Polo exhaust for now:

IMG_4849.jpg

Then hooked the battery up and it started on the key :) (click to view video)

th_IMG_4850.jpg

Tried the slam panel on and its a bit close lol:

IMG_4851.jpg

So modified it :)

IMG_4853.jpg

Next was the Polo rad and fan. Again, rather close:

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

Ive been told I need the original VR6 rad in place so got that out the golf slam panel and had a look:

IMG_4861.jpg

Need to modify the brackets to fit it, but cable tied it in to see where the brackets need extending to:

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

Then fitted the lights up to check the wiring. Few little niggles but ill resolve them:

IMG_4868.jpg

Then I ran it up with water in to make sure all ok. Was running lumpy (as you can hear in the video above) and now I can see why:

IMG_4869.jpg

Luckily I had a spare and swapped it. All good now :)

More soon!

Suspensions settled :)

IMG_4885.jpg

Got the hole drilled for the throttle cable, so its now positioned and fitted! Couldnt help starting it up again ;) (Click the pic for the video)

th_IMG_4890.jpg

Had a few light issues, but traced that to a dodgy earth, so have all lights and indicators, and found the fog light plugs. Just have these left over if anyone has any idea?

This one is near the drivers side headlight, and has two pins, the black runs to a bizarre join (see second pic) and the other isnt joined to anything. Obviously was cut when we spliced the looms:

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

Then theres this one on the passenger headlight loom:

IMG_4896.jpg

And im missing the header tank level if anyone knows what colours i should look for:

IMG_4898.jpg

More soon :)

No Problem . I had the front of my car off this weekend as i needed to change the thermostat housing and for the life of me couldnt find any yellow plug on mine, and had no other black plugs apart from the 2 on the horn and 2 for the indicator and foglight . I did however not long ago remove the carbon canister and that did have a valve that did have a black plug if I remember correctly connected inbetween the canister to the inlet manifold . Other than that i cannot think what the black plug you have left is from .

Good luck bud and loving a polo sedan vr6 :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a VR hydraulic clutch hose but it doesnt quite fit. I must have a different Master on the Polo so went and got a nice braided one made:

IMG_5155.jpg

Then the ramp went tits up and ended up on the wonk so i had to take it all apart and lost the rest of the day :(

IMG_5148.jpg

wicked build thread mate :) ive got a cupra front passenger wing its got a couple of dents in it but if u want it its there :)

Thanks for that mate much appreciated but no doubt itll get damaged further in transit so may as well pass for now. But again thanks very much for the offer!