Slight missfire at low revs

Hi guys i have a slight missfire at low revs and when i let off the accelerator in gear down hills for exmaple i can hear the exhaust popping... i plugged it into vag-com but no faults where found. Anyone have any ideas?

You might need to check if it's a miss or an air leak or something.

most common things to check on these are coil pack, they are common to crack and arc to head. leads don't sit on plugs properly and you can see a spark looking down the spark plug holes at night. also check plugs as it doesn't take long.

if all of these you can confirm are good, then maybe try a compression test.

as for popping mine does the same. had a few friends follow and say it flames on gear change, and pops all the time, but again no faults stored and doesn't use excessive fuel.

Hi guys i have a slight missfire at low revs and when i let off the accelerator in gear down hills for exmaple i can hear the exhaust popping... i plugged it into vag-com but no faults where found. Anyone have any ideas?

i have the same thing, expect i dont have a miss fire,im prety sure its down to the exhaust system, my corrado has a flippin 4" drain pipe back box from the previous owner and im certain this is why !! i used to own a mk4 golf that did this after i had fitted a scorpion catback and before that it was very quiet and would never pop n crackle, something to do with back pressure?

It could be. that way it'd be sucking air after the air flow meter so will put readings out. don't think it'd make a massive difference if it's just split a bit though.

It made a massive difference on mine. Just hold it tight as ur engine is running and see if it makes a difference.