cold start problem, corrado vr6....

hi all, on my vr6 corrado obd1 i have a slight problem when starting cold, idle is iratic from 0 to 1000rpm and you have to put ya foot down abit otherwise it cuts out, once its warm its fine idles at 1000rpm perfect, any ideas of what sensor it is? or whats up?

read somewhere that it could be the lambda sensor? also through all gears at around 1500-1900rpm it feels alittle jerky or hesitant? but if you put ya foot down to say 2200rpm it clears and pulls through the rev range fine, any advice much appreciated thanks...

• 1 year later...

ah m8, the problem was the maf sensor plug was damp, the way the wireing was routed it would allow water to drain down into the plug, i found this out when i washed my bonnet and then the car wouldnt start! and when it did it was terrible and un driveable! it all depends how damp the plug is , when i washed it , it was at its worst , but if its damp it can still run but with the symptoms in my first post, just unplug the maf plug and check for corrosion on the spades and dampness and then maybe spray some wd40 in there , if that dont work consider cleaning the maf or replaceing it,

just seen that you have replaced maf so i would trace the wireing back to make sure its all good, if you have access to vagcom/vcds {diagnsotic program} check the coolant temperature on there via the ecu to make sure it reads what i should be reading, if you dont have access then idd buy a new temp sender for the ecu as a dodgey coolant temp sensor can cause problems..