I have a golf vr6 full bilstein shockers and lowered springs noticed today both rearsprings are snapped so need to get this sorted so goin to buy a lowering kit just consisting of springs and fit new front and rear to my bilsteins obviously can fit any springs ???? Also looked about seenloads for mk3 gti will they be ok on a vr6 cheers in advance

from what i've heard gti springs are no good on a vr6. the extra weight of the engine will make it run too low.

basically the opposite to my mate's gti who bought my old vr6 springs which made it look like it had a lift kit on it lol.

GSF do lowering springs, I haven't had any experience with them but its worth a look.

994VG0080 LOWERING SPRING KIT . G3 GTi/VR6 >7/94 Lowers 35mm 39.00

994VG0100 LOWERING SPRING KIT G3 GTi/VR6 8/94> Lowers 35mm 69.00

I bought some heavy duty rear springs from GSF (part number; 511VG0110) and there fantastic so I don't think quality is much of a problem, In my experience anyway

Can't understand it gsf list the springs as gti/vr6 like they can be used on both so now im confused

I think the vr6 is only around 70kg heavier than the gti, that's like the weight of an average teenager so I don't think it would make much difference.

its because there for different years, £39 for cars made before July 1994 and £69 for cars made after august 1994. I have no idea what the difference between the two are but I would expect supply and demand have some part to play in it.

on the other hand I believe that THESE are the springs that were origonaly fitted to the Bilstein shocks and there £190.