288 brakes & pads shot - advice needed!

Hi All,

Found out to day that all my discs & pads are shot (pads worn down to the metal - ooops!) so am after a bit of advice as to what to replace them with?

I've not got masses of cash to spend (all hail to the credit card!) so the rears will probably be standard discs and pads but wondered what to do with the fronts?

I'm running on a set of BBS RX-II's which I believe the "312mm conversion" won't fit under; if this is the case do I go for standard discs and pads, uprated discs and pads or a mix of both?

Have seen a few grooved discs on eBay that look reasonable but dont know how good they are?

If the "312" conversion would fit under the RX-II's I would certainly consider that! :-D

I'm also having some Goodridge hoses fitted (every bit helps!) & I do have a pair of Mitsubishi Evo I-III 2pot calipers but i cant see them fitting at the front ;-)

Any help and advice appreciated!

Cheers,

Steve. :-)

what size are the wheels?

dont think id be touching the backs anyway, they can lock up quite easy with the stock size, any bigger and you might be going arse first into the verge.

the braided lines will make quite a difference and give you noticeably more braking power too, but the brakes can be a pain to re bleed