talk to me about turboing a 24v

hi i have almost finnished building a mk2 golf with a 2.8 24v engine (bde), and winter next year i plan on stripping all down again for a respray,

so with the above in mind i am having thoughts about adding a turbo running on standard management and hopefully acheiving 300bhp

is the above possible if so what sort of set up would i be looking at?

You will only need about 8 psi for 300bhp so that will be a fairly low stressed setup and well within reason.

i didnt think it was impossible to run that sort of power since i've seen r32 guys run 100+ more horses

now for needing approximatly 8psi of boost, i take it i would need a turbo that could deliver around 12psi boost to keep the turbo from not being on its limits?

if the above is the case, what turbo/manifold would you recomend?

As I havn't turbo'd a VR I don't think i'm the best to advise as everything I could say would only be what i've read from others. Best if you read kevhaywires turbo'd corado thread and jim potters turbo'd mk3. It would also be worth talking to Matt from C2 if you would like someone to do the work for you. These would be my starting point but i'm sure there are others.