Help please!!!

Hi guys. Its wiring so i'll try keep it short and sweet. Got the vr bolted into the car yesterday and started the wiring. Tried to turn it over to day and nothing, but the solinoid is getting power because we can hear it clicking away. We took the starter off and tested it with the battery and it works fine. Im a bit concerned as we cut some of the wiring away, which we thought wasnt needed, but we think my be now. Any help guys? Thanks

Right, got it turning over (bad earth) but now it isnt starting. There is spark, sh*t loads of fuel, and loads of power in the battery. Thought it was maybe needing back pressure from the downpipe so we bolted that up but still no joy.

Its me and my mate building it and we are only 16 so any help is much appreciated

Right' date=' got it turning over (bad earth) but now it isnt starting. There is spark, [b']sh*t loads of fuel, and loads of power in the battery. Thought it was maybe needing back pressure from the downpipe so we bolted that up but still no joy.

Its me and my mate building it and we are only 16 so any help is much appreciated

If theres too much fuel it won't start, is the maf plugged in and working? Have you got the lambda plugged in and working?

What have you cut out of the loom?

Lambda and maf both plugged in and working. The timing is perfect as it was running before we took it out. I think it may be flooded but we did try starting it with the throttle fully open. I think we will take the plugs out again and let the cylinders get some air

Thanks guys-the funny thing is neither of us will be able to drive it once its finished haha. We are both learning on it aswell.

Took the plugs out and the arent wet at all, and also every one of them is giving a good spark. Any ideas folks?

Right, got it turning over (bad earth) but now it isnt starting. There is spark, sh*t loads of fuel, and loads of power in the battery. Thought it was maybe needing back pressure from the downpipe so we bolted that up but still no joy.

Done a bit more digging last night, think its the injectors not getting power some how. They are working manually and when we put a little petrol into a cylinder, it started coughing. Dunno why thet arent working but will have another look tonight.

Yeah, the cylinders are defonatly not getting fuel, although the fuel rail is. Em yeah, the connections are look fine, and its getting a spark so i think that means its ok? Might try putting on a vr fuel pump from my donor car tonight, see if that makes a difference

What was the original mk2 engine ? if it was any carb based engine then the fuel system will not be high pressure enough. You will need a fuel pump for injection along with checking all your fuel lines as some may need replacing.