Please Help!!! thinking inner cv joint?? on mk2 vr6

Hi folks. First off thank you for all your replies..

Ok heres what happened, ive been noticing the ocassional clunk from the drivers footwell bit like a cv joint but its not doing it on full lock!! this started a few days back and has been happening now and again with no real impact on the feel of the car. BUT today i went out for a blast and i noticed it was clunking more than usuall so started to go steady as i slowed down for a slip road it started to vibrate and it got very very violent and so did the clunking so i pulled into a carpark where i did a few tests it was knocking at slow speeds and moving the steering a lot, fowards and backwards were both the same but after i looked underneate and pondered it for a while i got back in and rolled it back and forth again and it went away, so i limped it home very very steady (lucky i live in and around small lanes) and it only knocked a few times as it did when it first started..

anyway its on the drive on stands and im thinking is it inner cv joints??? Any advice would be great as im stuck where to go as ive just got it on the road..

• 2 weeks later...