Removing window regulator that doesnt work

I have in the past managed to remove these in the past but when regulator has failed, this time i replaced a new drivers side window regulator last month. Now all i get is a click sound, which suggests its possibly the motor now. I did check all connections etc.

any easy way to remove the regulator whist the glass is at the top without wrecking it? those bolts on the clamps seem impossible to access!

If you move the window up just a tad incrementally there are holes in the door for accessing the clamp bolts, you can also get them from the massive hole in the middle of the window. You cant get it out without at least disengaging the glass from the clamps but its far easier to just take the glass out of the door then its out of the way

what I mean was that the clamps are at the highest position i.e at the top hence not accessible with a spanner or ratchet. I cant move the glass down as i think the motor has gone.

Previously i just chopped the whole regulator using a cutter - but this time i think the regulator is ok and the motor has gone so i dont want to damage the regulator whilst trying to remove it.