Supersprint suitcase delete pipe

Done heaps of searching for answers to these questions and couldnt find a definitive answer so....

1) Is the standard back box a sleeve fit over the pipe coming from the suitcase?

2) Has anyone else fitted a supersprint suitcase delete pipe? If so were there any issues when you came to fit it?

Ive ordered some mikalor clamps so i dont have to use the rank u-bolts which are prone to/garunteed to rust, and going to pick up some holts fire-gum to seal the join/aid in the slip fitting. Anything else ill need ie a recip. saw or should i get away without cutting anything?

First pic is of the pipe upside down from how it would mount to the car.

4348838661_15fe4d72b9.jpg

4349587226_47edaecdc7.jpg

4349586662_ec8446b0d3.jpg

Am i worrying too much or will i have issues?

Well ill update this incase anyone finds it when searching.....

The supersprint suitcase delete pipe DOES NOT fit straight on with no issues! You will have to cut the standard suitcase/backbox connecting pipe with a reciprocating saw or other tool of the same nature. You will be there all day and night with a hacksaw or dremel/grinder so dont bother trying!

The biggest problem you will (and i did) find is that only one end of the pipe is flared to act as a sleeve fit. You will either need to have the other end welded or as i am doing in the morning, take it to a custom exhaust fitter to have it flared to match the other end.

Other than that the pipe itself is great quality with the correct bends/angles where they are required and the section that passes over the rear beam is ovalled in order to aid with clearance.

Id advise getting hold of 2 mikalor 55-59mm clamps and not use the one provided with the pipe but thats up to the individual.

Also when removing the standard suitcase, you will find it easier to just cut the standard clamp and use a chisel/dremel to open out the standard sleeve. Once done the box will literally wiggle out quite easily.

Im aiming to have this done by lunchtime tomorrow then get on with fitting my bonrath power rohr and deleting my pcv return valve and charcoal cannister. These will be replaced with blocked ports on the bonrath and a 42 Draft Designs catch can (when it turns up!).