Electric windows not working :( ... FIXED :)

ok the last thing that wrong with my car now :-d

My electric windows don't work... They work when you put the key in the door, as in hold it lock and they the drives goes up. open and the drivers open

But the N/S does nothing.

and both do nothing from the switches.

all the fuse are ok

Is there a relay as i hear nothing clicking when i press the button

the hole thing has been rewired when ive done the convertion but everythings plugged in ect (i think)

Has anyone got any ideas please? relays wiring diagrams, which plugs ect

Thanks Tom :)

There are earth wires that run through the door loom, and into the car i think (trying to remember!) and if 1 of these is not 'earthing' properly then it will cause props with the windows.

The windows themselves don't have an external relay.

I only say about the demister because if there is an earth fault it will either try to open a window or cause a buzzing from the problem door loom.

Hope that makes sense and helps!!!

thanks that does help.. i know im not looking for a relay now. and i don't think its a earth problem as there's not buzzing or any strange behavior...

This is confusing me as i when i first installed the electric window i just plugged the door looms into the door and they worked. Without adding any wiring looms into the main chassis of the car.

(car didn't have electric windows to start off with)

which makes me think that it just robs an live and earth from somewhere else inside door... but then how does the operate the other side from the drivers door?

Does the electric windows share the same main vehicle wiring loom as the central locking?

perhaps they install a loom that does both central locking and electric windows in cars without electric windows.

Could it just be the switch/es?

Think your right about central locking because most mk3 have c/l?

In which case all mk3 have power in both the doors, which gets used for either windows, mirrors, locks and speakers.

Which does sound like it could be the switches.

Alot of production cars are fitted for but not with the wiring and fitments for optional extra's as it is cheaper to do it that way. My last car had wiring and fitments for options that just needed connecting, they were fitted but unplugged.