Hi there,

Driving along today and the car died. I stopped at the top of the hill above our local garage, because there was a flood ( i live in Cumbria ) and i tried to re start the car. The dash lights just flickerd on and off and the car tried to crank. There was a very nasty plastic burning smell. it was either i disconect the battery or role the car into the water. I eventually got it to the garage and set to work trying to work out where the smell and melting was coming from. I traced it to relay 109 which was very very hot and eventually to a plug on the back G1 thick wire red and blue. The wire was melted. I think it is a power supply from the relay to the ecu. Any ideas and where can i get a 109 relay. Also at same time and it might be linked the fuel pump was not firing up. The pump is fine hot wired it and removed fuel supply pipe. No power at fuel pump connector. I can only assume that the 109 relay supplies the ECU which in turn sends a signal to the fuel pump relay. with out 109 the other doesn't work. im farily gutted because i do enjoy driving my VR but as a bonus im now driving my 1990 Black Gti so its not all bad

Any help greatly appreciated Homer

Thanks Homer[blockquote][/blockquote]