A few problems with the VR6

Hi all,

I recently transplanted AAA OBD1 Coilpack VR6 engine into my mk2 golf trackcar and had it on track for the first time and looking at the videos taken, there's something wrong!

Where do I start? I recently swapped out a coilpack as the old one was only running 2-3 cylinders. Once swapped out it seemed to be better, but since I've never been in or worked around a VR6 before my one, the sounds are all new to me!

Any advice is appreciated

was it a brand new Coilpack you swapped with? it does doesn't sound quite right i'll give you that..... have you noticed it running lumpy at all? put it this way, it was very obvious when mine lost spark on a cylinder due to a faulty coilpack...

I actually had 2 coilpacks available to me, an older know working one and a brand new one. Both give the same issue. Now there was a marked different between the first coilpack and the new ones, but there's something not quite right. I've also spotted a loose connection with the exhaust which will be sorted this evening.

Also I've swapped out the leads for a new set. Next will be the plugs (which were only new about 1 month ago)

• 4 months later...