splicing in an immobiliser into your mk2 vr6 (by accident)

recently i completed another mk2 vr6 conversion, i bought a mk3 vr6 1995 5dr model and a mk2 golf, i basically swapped everything onto the mk2 and all was going well, i then used the wiring loom from the mk3 put it all in but decided not to use the mk3 adjustable steering column because i had another which was from another mk2 vr6 and would slot straight in, so i fit it all then, 10 minutes later after splicing in the other mk2 vr6 steering column, remembered the immobiliser and chip in the key from the mk3, meaning that the beast wont start without these things, so id completed the wiring and then got the mk3 ignition barrel, plugged it into the little black box for the immobiliser put the key in the ignition barrel and boom she came to life, so by making a little mistake of forgeting about the immobiliser, i now have an extra safety feature, (2 ignition barrels) where if someone wanted to steal the car, they could get into it, but without the key for the second hidden igniton barrel, it aint going anywhere, they might try and hot wire it where the engine will turn over and then start, but then cuts out straight away, so if i hear a car sturggling to start, its mine! u just cant steal it cos it just wont start, unless you pick it up with a truck i guess lol

ill send some pics if more peeps are interested on what i have done, in theory the job could be completed with the right parts in 30-45 mins and make your retro vw vr6 that little bit safer!