'87 golf mk2 syncro vr6 conversion and turbo question

hi guys!

i've just bought a donor mk3 vr6 as donor car for my mk2....the only thinkg i was wondering is about the wiring loom...my car is a pre 1990 wiring loom setup,will it work anyway?

it's 1.8 90bhp on carb currently

another question is about OBD1 and OBD2 turbocharging...

is there any difference?because i've seen on kinetic website that for the obd1 the turbo kits stop at stage 2...

Use the whole wiring loom mate, it will make your life so much easier! Saves choping into the mk2 loom and having a head ache doing it.

Is your donor obd1 or 2? As long as its the same as the kit your buying it should be fine ;-)

thank you for your reply!

the donor car is model year 1994...OBD1 with coilpack,is right?

i've not seen yet the car because i bought it on internet and i couldn't see the throttle body as is written in the very useful guide on this forum...

the matter is that i would like a bit more of a stage 2,but on the kinetic website the supply stage 3 and4 only for OBD2 engine management...what is the reason?

• 3 weeks later...

hope your not planning on running more than 300 break through a syncro rear diff with out blowing it too bits. a german company do a kit so you can use a hladex rear diff (good for about 800 bhp) rather than the very weak syncro one. i'm going through the same problem.