vr6 over heating!!!!!! again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

A few months back my car started over heating. So i took it in to tha garage and had a shit load of work done and new parts fitted. The new parts were, thermostat, water pump, radiator, timing chains, tensioners, ignition leads, plugs, rocker cover gasket and also had the head skimmed, and head fully rebuilt. including all the valves, n guides. So in theory the top end is like new!!!!

Last week it started to leak oil. So took it back to the same garage thinking it was something they had done! i found out it was the oil cooler. This has now been fitted along with two new hoses that were perished.

I went to collect the car a little while ago after they had gone home and as soon as i started it up the engine coolant light was flashing!!!!! needless to say i left the car there, posted the keys with a bitchy note!!

Has anyone got any ideas? would this be as easy as an airlock in the system? HELP HELP HELP. I'm begining to lose faith in the vr6.

Cheers

Kris

dont panic mate as long as the head gasket is in good condition,all the hoses need replacing eventually.my vr6 burst a hose after a week of having it then another 3 went in the following month, the mechanic said i might need a new head gasket cause of the over heating , i put some chemi weld compond in havent had any problems since, make sure theres air lock , turn your car on take the lid off run the car to temprature , will get the air lock out

just a quick update, garage rang me this morning. apparently its not overheating!!! the water temp light is flashing, but the car is getting to temperature ok. gage isnt working so they think its just a sender unit problem!!! hopefully not much of a job and i can get some serious miles under my belt soon enough!!!!