Hi guys

New to the site but have just bought my first Mk3 Golf VR6. It is currently in a bit of a state but i plan to get it fixed up and on the road as my daily car.

I have had quite a Few Mk2 golfs 8v, 16v, 1.3 and a 20v that i never got on the road. Also had a couple of Mk1s and currently a Mk4 but always wanted a Mk3 VR6

This is the VR

vroc3.jpg

Ignore the 4stud wheel it is 5stud behind it

vroc4.jpg

vroc5.jpg

My current daily Mk4 20vT (not a fan hence why it is standard)

vroc1.jpg

As soon as the Mk3 is sorted the Mk4 will have to go as we have a bit of a space issue at home, lol there is also another car in the closed garage.

vroc2.jpg

First thing i wanted to do to the Mk3 was get the inside all stripped out, this is for a couple of reasons, firstly i really hate other peoples mess and secondly there is a patch on the roof lining as i think it has had a roof mounted screen or something in its past.

Anyway, started to strip it all out

vroc6.jpg

vroc7.jpg

Had to strip some of the dash and steering colum as well as it only had one key and alarm fob and they got lost so had to remove the alarm and need to sort a new lock set as well.

vroc8.jpg

This is the roof lining :(

vroc17.jpg

and the patch

vroc18.jpg

Anyway, first things first was to vacuum the carpet to remove the most of the dirt.

vroc12.jpg

Followed this up by putting my foam lance to good use with a strong All Purpose Cleaner mix to soak into the carpet

vroc13.jpg

Next was to scrub the faom into the carpet, jet wash rinse then go over with the wet vac, look much better IMO

vroc14.jpg

vroc15.jpg

vroc16.jpg

Front re-fitted

vroc19.jpg

When stripping the rear one of the sound deadening pads was missing

vroc20.jpg

Rather than holding up putting the carpet back in a got some flashing tape (poor man dynomat lol)out as a cheap fix.

vroc21.jpg

Rear carpet back in

vroc22.jpg

vroc23.jpg

Next was to tidy up, this is where the track car comes in useful, lol

vroc10.jpg

vroc11.jpg

And finally the reason why the Mk3 was bought as a project

vroc9.jpg

The previous owner had bought the car and only had it for about a week and hit something in the road that smashed the sump and broke the oil pump.

It was on Porsche D90's but they were sold before i had the car hence the space savers and odd alloy.

It is a nice spec car with:

Full leather

Heated front seats

Electric windows

Electric mirrors

Electric sunroof

Air Con

Chipped

Samco hoses (although blue, which i dont like on a red car)

Coilover suspension

Different front lights and fogs

Red and clear rear lights and a

Stainless exhaust.

As said above i need to change the lockset etc, how do i go about this with the transponder ring that goes round the key barrel??