vr6 mk2 golf fails to start and floods HELP........

hi to all

i've just brought my dream car the mk2 vr6 but having acoulpe of problems with her.... +o(

mainly the problem is that the car starts and drives fine, sometime i get abit of a back fire when taking my foot off the throttle( good or bad??) but the other day i was at a t junction,went to pull off and stalled, tried to restart the car but she wasn't having it. ended up pushing her.....

after leaving her to stand for about an hour it started fine again :) so i think its flooding the sparks but i'm not sure how to sort out the problem. also went you first start the car the choke sticks but seems to sort its self out atfer awhile, would this have anything to do with the flooding and not starting??? :S

hope someone can help and i'll get some pics of it on here asap..

thanks in advance Danny

• 3 weeks later...

id check your coolant sensors as they may well be playing up an tricking the ECU. Is the car running rich at the moment? is the exhaust and spark plugs particularly black and sooty?

Fuel pump relay and cam shaft positioning sensor can also lead to temporary cutting out and not restarting but if left a few moments they fix themselves again and the engine will fire straight away.

When it dies does the engine turn over as normal but just not fire?