Possible head gasket failure.......................................

I was driving home from work today, just a 2 mile drive, and noticed some smoke coming out when at the lights. I've checked and the coolant level has dropped. I can see a possible leak of some sort at the back left of the engine, After this I took the oil cap off and low and behold, a creamy substance on the back of it.

Does this definitely mean head gasket problems and what are the best and worse case scenarios?

I have RAC coming out so they may well shed some lighton this too but any advise and guidance would be really useful.

Thanks

Andy

Yes i mainly do the journey to work that is between 2/3 miles aroun 10-15 mins depending on traffic.

Yes it is by the a MAF / Airbox that there is fluid (coolant?) spilling onto the back part of the engine. It looks around where a smaller pipe leads off the engine to black platic part on the left side of the engine. Its always had a k/n filter on it since i've owned but i cant think that alone is the cause.

RAC have found pin pick hole in coolant hose, right by end so can cut off and push back on. Milkness is due to my short journies and he recommends either giving it a blast for a good half hr once week and changing oil 6 months at a time. Was changed at service in july so guess i'm due to change it.

Not head gasket so phew!