vw golf vr6 suspension etc

i have a loud clonk as i go over a bump it sounds like its coming from the rear passenger side, i think it sounds or maybe a faulty or poor rear shock absorber? can anyone advise at all?

also do the vr6 models have trouble with driveshaft issues, as i had a clonking from the left side, i have had all the bushes done, track rods, wishbones etc replaced,

i did have a split driveshaft boot on the inner gearbox end drivers side before i had all the bushes etc done, not sure if i have a driveshaft issue or not still as it has not split again.

can anyone advise if the driveshafts are prone to failure on the golf vr6.

thanks.

once you start getting a clunk or a clonk :D it usually refers to bushes. so that you have had them done is unusual.

Bounce on the corner does it move? Does it move and rebound? does it rebound for ever? Can you hear the sound and when?

Remember you have bearings and rubbers/stops etc in the struts on each corner as required.

Best thing I can suggest really is get it on a ramp and get the old persuasion tool in there and look at the movement in all directions you have and i suppose even if you can hear it. And don't forget the actual wheel bearings as well.

let us know what you find...

I am not sure on the drive shafts. I havent seen threads on it so.. I assume No. But you know what assume makes... An A$$ outa U amd ME :o