seat cables.... how to repair??

Both seats have snapped cables and its starting to p*ss me off now lol. They are not completly unmovable because there is two cables in each seat and only one in each is broken, Its the cable that is not near the lever (so the closest to the middle of the car side) if that makes sense.

I just want to know how and if you can repair these?

• 1 month later...

i think you can remove the back part of the seat from the 'bum' part. try this an have a look up it-you might need to seperate the join that holds the fabric together. never done it on vw, done it on rst recaro's

• 7 months later...

BUMP PLEASSEE. .....

and to the above, you can see the cable where it has snapped, it has snapped near the 'bum' part just next to the wheel thing that the cable goes around on the seat

By the way it is the inside cable on both seats ( closest to the centre )

I'm not sure on the exact set up, but i've stripped many a seat and the older fabric covers are held in place with really annoying ring crimps, which my wife says don't come separately, but the cables do (ex TPS employee) . The rings would be a screw fix sort of jobbie, i've definately had a box of them at some point, and some special pliers for refitting them too. The seat backrest comes away from the base, just remove the trims and the big bolts are behind that. Should be pretty straight forward once it's apart. Good luck