Squeaky / Creaky Clutch

Hi guys, everytime I press the clutch pedal down there's a loud creaky / squeaky noise as I do it. I thought at first it was the pedal mechanism but having throughly lubricated it, it made no difference. And now I've decided that the noise is louder in the engine bay, I'm beginning to think that the noise is coming from the Slave Cylinder, is that possible ?

What makes me think it's the slave cylinder is that the noise appears to come from all over the engine bay, i.e. it's difficult to pin it down to a specific area.

This is what makes me think it's the slave cylinder because it's bolted to the bulkhead so it would make the whole bulkhead resonate if the piston inside the cylinder was rubbing as you depress the pedal.

That's my theory anyway ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My car is doing this, there was a thread about it a while ago. I believe it is something to do with a bushing, possibly could be the fork. The thread said it needs a different lube?? Sounds like a box off job unfortunately...

I spoke to Vince at Stealth, he said he has had loads of problems with VR6 clutches. He thinks there are a couple of makes that are causing the problem, but the makers don't want to know. It might be a new clutch and fork that will be the cure, he said it shouldnt cause any problems if left alone (apart from being annoying!!)