Iv recently purchased a engine fault code reader, which addmitadly came with a book with all the engine fault code in with a small discription next to them, Unfortunatly the description is indeed very brief and if i could just find a web site thread that explains the faults a little better this would be most appreciated. Mine came up with several some i erased some wont.

Thanks

Ben

Ok here goes, Fault codes are as follows

All will reset with the code reader i have but all appear after running the car

The book that came with the reader dosnt really explain in great detail what they mean

Any help most appreciated

Thanks

Ben ( homer ) hobson

Ps forgot to mention OBD1 early VR6 92. reason for getting code reader wanted one, got it cheap also has this hesitation problem that iv had from day one. Any suggestions on that one will really really make my day. Thought that maybe the reader might give me a clue only other bit is has early MAF 6 pin connector VW code 021 906 461 Bosch 0 280 213 021 which are like hens teeth or about £260 new

Thanks

Homer

00513 is "crank sensor sees no signal", this will be because this is an OBD1 car, that this will always be there everytime you read the codes with the engine not running. If your engine starts, discard this one.

00533 is Idle speed adaptation maximum limit exceeded or Minimum adaptation limit not reached.(sticky idle valve is likely)

00515 is Cam position shaft sensor error, This will cause the ecu to run in batchfire mode, and itll pull the timing right off, does the engine feel 'Flat?'

65535 is internal memory error, this is normally caused by someone trying to "chip" the ECU and messing it up, by not realising there are 'Checksumms' With in this memory

Brilliant

Yes the engine does indeed fell as flat as flat can be. To be perfectly honest when the engine is cold ( yes not recomended ) it goes like S&*T of a hot shovel but after it warms up you can suddenly fell it hesitating

but also this car does indeed have a chip on it installed i might add by a repitible company could this also be cocking it upsome where,

Also would mine have a cam sha#ft sensor it dosnt have a coil pack but a good old distributor.

Thanks

Homer