I've only had the car a week its been fine upto now and i just found a patch of oil underneath it, it looks like theres oil around the sump, does anyone know what it could be? I did top the oil up about two days ago though.

Hiya,

Have a look down the air box side of the engine - if you've sill got the standard box you'll prob have to remove it to see clearly. A lot do weep oil from that end. My J plater was also weeping through the sump gasket itself until I had it replaced recently.

I have had the same problem, see my other thread, just had the car into the garage, he didnt have time to have proper look, but his first thoughts were head gasket, which was dripping down the back of the engine (there is oil on back of engine) but he admitted he didnt know the engine very well and they would charge £700 !. Could that quantity of oil leak from the head gasket without making it through to the water, and is it safe to drive. Or is there anyhwere else on the back of the engine where it could leak from, or if it was leaking from the bottom would the driveshaft throw it up the back of the engine.

any info much appreciated, I SO WANT TO TAKE IT TO THE ALPS !!!!