ECU HELP!! petrol drowing sorrows....whimper

Hello brothers and sisters,

Well after 2 years of sucessfully rebuiling the front of my vr and recently taking her out for a blast, white smoke starts pumping out the back...whoop i heard myself cry. anyway skipping to the end of my sob story a good mate who is a chieftech at a local vw dealer diagnosed that the ecu is faulty, stuffing "more petrol into cylinder five than the kernal pumps delicious flavours into his chicken" i think thats technical speak.

Anyway.....HELP!!!! Had a look on ebay but all the ecu's I can find are ABS ones and not main engine ECU's. Does anyone know if you can get them repaired? or any for sale? (will check that forum bit it a mo!)

The part number on it is 021906258CH and the car is P reg.

Any ideas or pearls of wisdom would be greatly greatly appreciated, I have been a member for 2years and all that time she's been off the road!

Yours disparingly

Jon :)

thanks for the help guys, Apprently when the car is run and you take out plug five its covered in petrol and generally stinks. Also with the injector out it pisses petrol everywhere when it shouldnt be. When the smoke was coming out the back it really really stank of petrol. I cant believe this is happening to me again as I had this with my mk2 gti!!!! Will look at maybe getting it sent away if I replace and need a recode. :S Cheers any more ideas greatly appreciated :)