Hello,

I have a problem, that drives me crazy. I have a 92 MK III Golf VR6. Car condition is good, engine works well, doesn't "eat" oil, doesn't overheat and so on, but it just don't pull as it should to. 0 to 100 km/h in 10 seconds and more, max speed just 200 km/h! I've changed wires, all filters, oil, spark plugs and nothing... My engine has done 168000 km, it's clean, no oil or water leaks or something else wrong. And also it doesn't rev so quickly, then I suddenly press gas pedal, it starts to rev just about in 1 second. Could it be an electronic problem? Engine diagnostics didn't shoe any errors. Sorry for my english, but I hope that you understand my problem and I would be very grateful for any advices.

Tracer112,

Your English is fine and better than my Lituanian :)

May I suggest you post in the technical section and also a title like. "Low Power and performance on my VR6"..... as I think more people will help

Ok so,

The usual reasons for low power are bad fuel/air mixture and exhaust flow. Then bad spark/ignition.

Is your car standard? (no modifications?)

Is your fuel ok?

It may be worth running a clean through the injectors to ensure you are getting enough fuel.

Is the Lambda sensor on the Exhaust ok?

Is the car running well. No missing or backfire at all??

One final thing... Is the accelorator padel & cable adjusted correctly?

I hope this helps

Thanks man, I'll try to check these things. Yes, my car is standart, only a Remus exhaust on it, no other modifications. Fuel is ok, I've tried a 95 and 98 octane and didn't feel any difference... The car is running ok, I haven't noticed any problems...