VR Tuners in London/Essex area??

To be honest, there isnt much that you can do to 'tune' the car, unless the timing is out by a silly amount then the car takes care of itself, an air filter change, oil/oil filter change, plugs and leads the rest is run off of sensors dotted around the car, the ECU takes car of most of it unless something/one of the sensors plays silly buggers and sends out the wrong signals.

Unless you are talking about getting it remapped?

To be honest' date=' there isnt much that you can do to 'tune' the car, unless the timing is out by a silly amount then the car takes care of itself, an air filter change, oil/oil filter change, plugs and leads the rest is run off of sensors dotted around the car, the ECU takes car of most of it unless something/one of the sensors plays silly buggers and sends out the wrong signals.

Unless you are talking about getting it remapped?

[/quote']

i will get a re-map once i have fitted the new cam and tappets, i wanted to take the car to someone who knows VWs/VR6s for peace of mind as i have sooo many cowboys around my area!!

The idle on my vr is bouncy and i wanted the engine checked over as its not sounding right...

so, can anyone recommend a VW/VR6 garage around London/Essex area..??

Best thing to do is either ask one of the mods if you can have the list, I cant for the life of me find it now, or start a new thread with the title something like "Vag-Com member in East London area". There was a list somewhere on this forum with all the members willing to help others with their Vag-Com but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere, sorry. I have it but I am out the otherside of London to you so quite a trek for you unless you dont mind.