heaters are blowin cold help

hi guys cud someone give me sum helpful advice.i own an reg vr6 golf with a.c not c/c,problem is im not gettin any warm air from the heaters,the car does not over heat, does not loose water and even checked the water/oil for head gasket failure,the fan kicks in when it should,and winters round the corner and i dont want to freeze me nuts off.......a mate of mine told me its possible the heater switch unit in dash might be buggered(the one u turn for hot or cold)is that poss?is it also poss it cud be the head gasket(hope not) all advice appreciated guys thanks :-(

wouldent i be losing any water? cheers jez how much do u think it shud cost and know a decent mechanic in sheff mate wiv vr no how?is that nick tompson any good in hillsborough(used to work at gilders b/cross bin told) saw u by the way yesturday drivin down london rd i was on da opposite side,blue vr n reg,tidy motor u got jez........

Hi mate I reckon it's just the heater matrix that's gone, it's a very common fault. yeah Nick is good even though his phone manner sucks and he is constantly busy. he's a good mechanic. worth getting someone else to do it though, it's a bitch of a job, I saw you as well mate, Always keep my eye out for other Vrs in S Yorks ...not many about these parts :)

edit....no i don't think you'd lose any water .