Oh no, i came out this morning and found a stream of oil under the car

seems to have leaked from the bell housing thing between engine and gearbox. At first i thought it was engine oil so i checked dipstick and the level was just below max where it always stays, so i thought i would start car to see if i could pinpoint leak, no sign of leak anywhere so decided to drive up the road

and to my horror the car will not move in any gear (auto box) so turned car off sharpish.

took a close look at the oil and i think it maybe transmission fluid.

Please someone let me know if i have killed the car / gearbox or is it something simple like new clutch?

Thanksjavascript:addtext('*-)',true)

javascript:addtext('*-)',true)

It sounds like its going to leak out again. Its a torgue converter in a auto.

I would start looking for a new box if I where you. It could be the main seal which you can replace with out too much hassle but it sounds like you've losted too much fuild for that.

With my VR manual the diff came though the casing so im guessin thats whats happend to yours. Mine still drove sound just wouldn't hold oil anymore. How many miles has yours done???

Theres a drain fill plug half way up the box. Its a 17 mm sump bolt. Fill untill it starts to dribble out!! You couldn't see the hole on my box from the outside. It was inside the bell housing. Once you've filled it up. Put it on axal stands so the front wheels are off the ground (hand brake on) and start it up, put it in gear so the wheels are spinning. Then go and have a look how fast the oils coming out. And wheres its coming from. It it is coming from where the gearbox conects to the engine then the next thing to do is remove the box